Infusions

Athena

For Christmas I bought my hubby a infusion bottle for making flavored vodka which I thought he would get a kick out of and would be fun to drink. Anyway he is currently making up a tangerine flavor at the moment but it got me thinking one oh the ease of making tinctures with this thing are amazing. It has a spick-it on the front and this thing you put a coffee filter in while draining it how cool is that! So any great suggestions for either yummy flavors or tinctures you could recommend I will readily admit I haven't made many of them since alcoholism runs in my family I have never drank much but this makes it so easy and kind of fun so I want to give it a try.

We are planning on ordering a couple mint plants so we can grow it since we both like mint and it has so many amazing attributes.

Mint vodka... :sick: , that brings back memories. :rofl: I would think you could put anything editable in it. I would look up the uses for certain tinctures of herbs that I had on hand and could easily grow or buy. Pick the ones with the uses you could use and have a go.

lavender tincture is good as a muscle rub, also good in lemonade. I have been infusing brandy with pears, figs, cherry, really anything I got handy thats in season. During the winter when there isn't fresh fruits its a good time to do herbal infusions instead. One fun thing about herbal infusions, is you don't need all the herbs fresh at the same tine. you can infuse one and then filter it, wait for the next to be in season, infuse it, then add sugar or honey at the end and enjoy your liquor.

lavender tincture is good as a muscle rub, also good in lemonade. I have been infusing brandy with pears, figs, cherry, really anything I got handy thats in season. During the winter when there isn't fresh fruits its a good time to do herbal infusions instead. One fun thing about herbal infusions, is you don't need all the herbs fresh at the same tine. you can infuse one and then filter it, wait for the next to be in season, infuse it, then add sugar or honey at the end and enjoy your liquor.

Thanks for that tip! I hadn't even thought of doing infusions like that. We live in a very rural area of Montana so fresh herbs and fruits are hard to get this time of year. By doing them one herb at a time though I can make some really neat concoctions.

I was looking around on line for interesting ideas and though it isn't a tincture infusing vodka with skittles looks like fun lol. I have a funny feeling I might end up drinking more than usual for a couple months lol.

In one place in France, there was a traditionnal drink, (I beleive that it is forbitten now and may be it is better).

Here the recipe: Capture a viper (the snake) alive, put it in a bottle, pour heavy alcoholic beverage, vodka would be perfect, inside the bottle. Close and wait 1 week. It is ready.

Happy degustation.

@aurora: You say "ohhh how wonderfully delicious"

I had once a bottle that a friend offer to me, You need:

- a hours to try to look a the bottle without be able even to see it.

- some glasses of another standard heavy alcoholic beverage before to be able take the decision to taste it.

- a big breathe before to taste it.

But after all, it is not bad, it is tasty.It is the venom that give the taste.

After all, we are witches. Traditionally we get use to work with "eyes of dragon", "tongues of toad" and so on... :witch_bounce:

Happy new year to you and yours.

LoL ! I've had a love affair for YEARS, with traditional Tequila complete with worm.

~ makes lipsmaking Hannibal Lector sounds ~ nomnomnom.

:D

Regards,

Gypsy

Archived