#41 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Bump...

Happy Winter Solstice everyone!

I did a little shoutout yesterday but I'm interested to know how others celebrate this day and time of year. Christmas has always been a joyous occasion in my family and we celebrate it like so many do. Being the only one with my beliefs though I've only ever done my own little thing for the Solstice. I treat it like a warm up to Christmas or the start of the festivities I should say. I like to reflect and be thankful, welcoming the light for the coming year. 

life is better with a biscuit

#42 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

I'm a bit late to the party. I had planned to go to a Solstice celebration but was tired and run down. Instead we settled for bringing in some holly, lighting a special candle and the fire and giving our daughter a Solstice gift. It was quiet but nice.

#43 Moly

Moly

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sorry this is kind of off-topic but I wanted to join in. It's been Midsummer here. My way of celebrating was to spend time thinking about plans for the future, and making wishes about the best and most achievable things I could imagine. Season's Greetings

#44 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

I opted for ignoring the giant family party next door (socializing wasn’t appealing, and my husband is currently 10 hours away  :(  ), so I curled up with delicious food from a local deli, a pile of books, and the hellhounds for basically my entire three day weekend. I've got a nice ritual planned for New Years, though, that will probably be the extend of my celebrating this year. 

Edited by Duchess, 31 December 2017 - 05:08 PM.