43 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Happy Yule to those who keep it. I got up and greeted the sun on this shortest day of the year and left out some food in my Elder Hedge for the garden, for the ancestors, for the turning of the year "Remember me as I remember you..." Tonight at sundown I will light the red and green lights in the Elder Hedge, and my ancestor candle in the window that they may see it's light, and remember me as I remember them... And I celebrate the year's turning, especially due to the darkness we have had both in the world and on the forum, I am looking forward to the return of the light with renewed hope in my life.

M

#2 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

This dark season has been a very odd one for me. I've experienced triumph, success, and exciting new beginnings along with sorrow, helplessness, and endings. I had a lot of plans for some concrete things I was going to do today but they're not going to be possible and that's ok. Their essence has already manifested. I am looking forward the next season also, and anxious to see what it brings.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#3 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Happy midwinter :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#4 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Another Soltice has come, and it is a time of new beginnings. When I went to look at last years Solstice Greetings, our Spinney posted, such a festive Video. It's not able to be re-visited. That video that she provided for our pleasure, meant alot to me, as I had just buried someone cherished dearly to me.

Our Solstice came at 5:12 a.m. this year, very still, very sobering. I looked at last years photo, no snow, this year is different, a lovely white blanket. My thoughts carry that
old thinkings are "covered, and laid to rest ". It's a time for me to push "new thinking" and take what is offered during this time, for new beginnings, bringing forth new and unchartered places on my Path. Opening up to this celebration of new times. Laying to rest those thought processess that would keep me in a box labeled. I am more than just a label, and so are those who I've come into friendship with here.

Energy shifted, I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I welcome Solstice and look eagerly forward for what awaits in comming days of growth on my Path.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#5 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Happy Soltice! CG you are right. Hubby and I had trouble sleeping last night as we both felt it. We woke in the night/early morning and sat up talking for about an hour or so. I also look forward to putting the past to rest and towards the comming time of growth. There is much fear and negativity in the air today around here. I'm hoping that people forget their fears soon as they figure out that the world is not ending.

#6 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Happy Winter Solstice and Yule !

Perfect timing ! Today i went to the post office to check my PO Box and there was a large brown envelope.

Got my very first issue of The Cauldron magazine from Mike Howard.

So tonight I will be drinking wine coolers, beers, and enjoy the magazine in the late hours of the Winter Solstice - Yule

#7 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Happy Yule! Good Spaed to all, and for my Allies, my Ancestors, the Hedge and the Otherworld, the Holly, the Ivy and the Elder and the Returning Light.... "Remember me as I remember you"

M

#8 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

What a year..

Another Soltice has come, and it is a time of new beginnings. When I went to look at last years Solstice Greetings, our Spinney posted, such a festive Video. It's not able to be re-visited. That video that she provided for our pleasure, meant alot to me, as I had just buried someone cherished dearly to me.

Not the only one CG

Our Solstice came at 5:12 a.m. this year, very still, very sobering. I looked at last years photo, no snow, this year is different, a lovely white blanket. My thoughts carry that
old thinkings are "covered, and laid to rest ". It's a time for me to push "new thinking" and take what is offered during this time, for new beginnings, bringing forth new and unchartered places on my Path. Opening up to this celebration of new times. Laying to rest those thought processess that would keep me in a box labeled. I am more than just a label, and so are those who I've come into friendship with here.

Have to agree, there are things I need to put in my past

Energy shifted, I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I welcome Solstice and look eagerly forward for what awaits in comming days of growth on my Path.

Regards,
Gypsy

New begginings and all that they bring forth, certainly a time growth and strength.

Happy Winter Solstice and Yuletide greetings to all

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#9 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

To go with my above post :-)

Nope. Didn't work :-(

Edited by Michele, 22 December 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#10 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Oh yippy-yahoo-and-obwanna-kick-botty by george I think she's got it...

Attached Files

#11 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Beautiful M!

#12 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

To the other end, I hope my Australian compatriots had a wonderful Summer Solstice, it was very quiet for me but that's just the way I like it.
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#13 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Nice M, like it :thumbsup:
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#14 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Happy yule,may you all prosper in what you ask for. :thumbsup:
Very nice M.

#15 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Here you go CG :D

Had to work a 12 hour shift yesterday so will be celebrating today smoking and decorating the house, and redoing my boundries and some fluffy love and peace spells, well why not were all still here ;)

HAVE A COOL YULE!

#16 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Oh yippy-yahoo-and-obwanna-kick-botty by george I think she's got it...

Is that the 'candle' you were talking about in chat? I admit it does look lovely! :)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#17 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Is that the 'candle' you were talking about in chat? I admit it does look lovely! :smile:

Awww.. yes it is, and although it is not a real flame (which I do very much support a real flame/hearthfire if you can) it is a battery candle that I can easily burn for 12 days non-stop (including one behind the curtains in the window) with no worry of fire hazard. So faced with going battery or doing nothing it really worked out well for me, and I am sure it's light was noticed by those it was meant for :-) It will "burn" until 12th night. I got a box of 3 of them for 9 bucks and each takes 2 AAA bateries (no - the candles don't vibrate, lol)!!!

M

#18 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

To the other end, I hope my Australian compatriots had a wonderful Summer Solstice, it was very quiet for me but that's just the way I like it.

I am curious - do you go by the heat/whether down under, or do you go by the earth's energy and follow the Winter season even though it is summer? Is your spirit world there more active in "winter" (your summer) or in "summer" (our winter)??

M

#19 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I am curious - do you go by the heat/whether down under, or do you go by the earth's energy and follow the Winter season even though it is summer? Is your spirit world there more active in "winter" (your summer) or in "summer" (our winter)??

M

I'm confused by this, M. The Earth's energy isn't winter in the Southern Hemisphere right now, it's summer and as such the Northern Hemisphere doesn't dictate what the Earth energy is in it's entirety is my thought on it. The seasonal energy is about how the Earth and the Sun interact together not just about the Earth as a whole. In all the Wiccan books I have read and Wiccan/Pagan/Witches I have seen from the SH talk about it they observe it from where they are. That makes the most sense to me as where they are that is exactly the dance the Sun and Earth are entangled in.

I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#20 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm confused by this, M. The Earth's energy isn't winter in the Southern Hemisphere right now, it's summer and as such the Northern Hemisphere doesn't dictate what the Earth energy is in it's entirety is my thought on it. The seasonal energy is about how the Earth and the Sun interact together not just about the Earth as a whole. In all the Wiccan books I have read and Wiccan/Pagan/Witches I have seen from the SH talk about it they observe it from where they are. That makes the most sense to me as where they are that is exactly the dance the Sun and Earth are entangled in.

Interesting, and makes sense - I have not been out of the NH (although I am close to the equator) so I am not familiar with their climates... It would be very interesting to feel what the difference would be like once one crosses the equator. I know that although the weather is more conducive to plant growing in the winter here, in the spring everything still tries to start up even if it is hot and muggy. I wonder when the spirit world is most active in the SH? I totally have no answer to that as I have no experience of it...

M