Your thought center.

blaquecinder

So I'm reading this book called 'Astral Projection and the Nature of reality' (really good book so far I'll be sure to post a review when I'm done if there isn't one already) Anywho I came across this small section referring to thought center and I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys use as your thought center. (as outlined in the book) If the head supplies analytical energy, the heart compassionate energy, the chest imaginative energy, and the belly courageous energy than which area would you usually get your thought energy from? My center of thought most of the time I would say is in my chest and I say this because I cannot make sense out of anything without coming up with some kind of visual effect to go with it. For example, when I think about life and its struggles, its set backs, etc, I see it kind of like jack going up the bean stalk except its not a bean stalk its a mix of a ladder and a staircase that seems endless. Some areas are extremly bright some seem to be blackholes. And when I hit a set back in life one of the ladder steps breaks and fall to the previous step. When i hit an obsticle the step seems like a mountain. I could write a book on how life looks in my mind but yea... What is your thought center MOST of the time?

That is wayyyyyyyyy to complicated for me to think about, lol lol. I know (for me) where the animating force of all things in existence on the planet I live on comes from and the parts that make up the parts of me. I'm not the brightest cookie in the crayon box but I can't help but wonder why the person writing the book needed to break down where all the different types of energy come from (if there are, indeed, different types)... Did he give a reason?

M

I don't put my thoughts into neat little boxes and label them. Thoughts I have give me reason to either respond or react, simple as. Thoughts for me are very much like

being " Prompted ", truely listening and comprehending the "voice" inside my gut, following my intuition. Also knowing when to be silent and reflective with my thoughts.

This is still a daily ongoing process, something in attempt to fine tune, and something one learns without the aid of a book, in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Gypsy

Ok I'm gonna try and address all of you sorry if I miss anyone. Kupala I'm going to assume it may be a chakra related only because he has mentioned it once or twice in the book so far but I can't be sure cuz I'm not really familiar with it. (does make sense tho now that I think about my next respond) Juvne ok I'm going to try and make this make as much sense I can (not really too good with words) what he is saying is that every thought is formed by one of these energies analytical energy (head), compassionate energy (heart), imaginative energy (chest), and courageous energy (belly). The thought center would be what energy you are thinking with most of the time are you mostly analytical, mostly compassion, etc. M he did give a reason and it was because he says that an analytical thought center can sometimes get in the way of a projection or deminish its overall experience he talks about shifting it to the chest in order to loosen up or open the mind some. Gypsy I agree with u and I'd also add that I feel as tho that voice is coming from come kind of energy whether it be in my head my chest or the cosmos I know that behind it is some kind of energy.

I'm still lost as to breaking it all down thought-wise. I don't cross; I sit. And I find that difficult enough - if I had to stop and try and figure out what thought was coming from where and should I move the focus to another area.... I'd be even more lost, lol. Sometimes, for me, simple is better :-) But I have also noted that sometimes if things are so complex it can overload the brain to where it just says fuck it, and exists in a state of extreme obstinate simplicity, lol. But that's my brain, lol lol.

M

Ok I'm gonna try and address all of you sorry if I miss anyone. Kupala I'm going to assume it may be a chakra related only because he has mentioned it once or twice in the book so far but I can't be sure cuz I'm not really familiar with it. (does make sense tho now that I think about my next respond) Juvne ok I'm going to try and make this make as much sense I can (not really too good with words) what he is saying is that every thought is formed by one of these energies analytical energy (head), compassionate energy (heart), imaginative energy (chest), and courageous energy (belly). The thought center would be what energy you are thinking with most of the time are you mostly analytical, mostly compassion, etc. M he did give a reason and it was because he says that an analytical thought center can sometimes get in the way of a projection or deminish its overall experience he talks about shifting it to the chest in order to loosen up or open the mind some. Gypsy I agree with u and I'd also add that I feel as tho that voice is coming from come kind of energy whether it be in my head my chest or the cosmos I know that behind it is some kind of energy.

Some how this author that has rustled up your thought processess BlaqueCinder sounds a bit " new agey " to me. I don't pooh pooh chakra and that old wisdom, but if the auther hints at it, he making a leap to connect it with some other aspect relating to chakra's. It doesn't take much for me to look at this literally, as of course the head is analytical, it's your brain, reasoning thoughts out. The heart, compassionate energy, just off the top of my head, that's romanticism, and we all love a good romantic spin on thoughts, it makes them easier to convey to another. I'm cynical when it comes to matters of the heart for myself, I don't lead with my heart, I lead with my head and voice of intuition. I don't view this as " energy ", the living energy that comes from putting forth the effort of walking one's own Path.

If this particular auther and his reflections resonate with you, then research it fully, attempt to put this into your Path and grow by your own experiance and see if you have the outcomes you've initiated by this author's reflections.

It's kinda like clearing your head and taking a deep breath before you embark on a process or a working... focusing one's intent, and drawing up the energy to manipulate magic for your ownself and your own desired outcome, i.m.o.

Regards,

Gypsy

I've really nothing to add here, as I don't parse these "energies" laterally in such a way. Just commenting that I'd be interested to what use you put them, if you decide to, eventually, and how it impacts your astral travels and whatnot. Keep us informed :)

lol ok M so how about this would u say you are more of an analytical thinker, compassionate thinker, imagineative thinker, or a courageous thinker? What it sounds like he's saying (and what I believe in) is that thoughts come from energy and that just as we have compassionate thinkers I imagine compassionate energy behind it. I think placing it to an area on your body is more just a way to help people hone in on one of those particular types of energies to I guess induce (for lack of a better word) that particular way of thinking.

I didn't nor plan on using it for anything Aurelian I just thought it would be interesting chit chat something to think about ( I do that alot throughout my day) just a reponse to an "if in fact" question ( if that makes sense its something me and a friend of mine do ) just see what others would have to say. Gypsy new agey I agree after reading a few more chapters last night the book probably been in the science section its seems to be more and more of scientific information behind dementions, realms, and electrons and protons and such rather than anything close to what I believe in my mind to be astral projection ( but still interesting to say the least learned things I didn't know the day before) and yes I agree with the of course ur head is analytical and of course your heart is compassion or course your belly is courageous seems only logical. Now don't get me wrong I BELIEVE that every thought comes from some pool of energy somewhere so it was easy for me to visualize it in my head ( probably why when coming across it I pondered on it a while instead of moving on ) but what my intention was behind the whole tread was just an "if in fact" question or an "imagine if".

For me, all my energy comes from the Earth, up through it... there is only one type of energy for me, and what one does with it or how one uses it is up to the person. So for me it wouldn't be that the energy itself is compassionate, or intelligent, or aggressive, etc. Those things exist at all times... so within my thoughts it would be how the energy manifests according to whatever is currently affecting my thoughts (my day, the person I'm talking to, the weather, etc.). I can be conscious of it and I can do things to change what I am putting out or ruminating on, including invoking certain things. But in my path there aren't specific different intelligent energies all vying for control within me... there are emotions I am feeling and thoughts I am thinking, but they are of me and come from the one energy that animates me. But we also all work in differing ways on differing paths, lol. So that would just be my way.

M

Edited by Michele

The ability to think lies with the brain, but the brain relies on the body's senses, as well as other stimulation, to provoke thought. In my opinion to link the origin of a thought to chakras, which is what it seems the author is trying to do, is to limit senses to the sites of what some call 'shakra' sites, this cant be correct as senses are of use all over the body.

If the eyes see its raining, the memories in the brain give the thought that an umbrella is needed. If a hand touches fire the memory kicks in and tells the hand to get away from the fire. Some of this happens automatically without us actually having to think about it.

But what about when the sense of smell tells us a piece of meat is off, we then need to make a conscious decision of whether to cook and eat it or throw it away. There is also the scenario where a thought is passed from one individual to another, bypassing senses and body parts, using only speech or sometimes from mind to mind especially where dealing with intelligences from other realms are concerned.

Thought is too complicated to be limited to certain places in the body.

I would also disagree that energy comes from these same certain places in the body, energy comes from everywhere, it can be generated from the body but as energy cant be made out of nothing, first the body must gather the energy its using. Everything is energy, it can neither be made or discarded, it can only change from one energy to another and be used accordingly.

The topic of shakras can be likened to many misused thoughts, originating in a particular culture and sometimes adopted by others who dont really know the basis for their use and simply put their own perceptions into the mix.